Easy to make and very delicious!
Bean soup is one of the top traditional dishes. It takes some planning as there is a need to soak the beans for hours prior to the actual cooking. However, the preparation is simple – Just add all the ingredients in the pot, cover and cook.
Directions – Wash the beans, and soak them in the pot with 10 cups of water for 10-12 hours or overnight. When ready to proceed, inspect any floating beans and discard if necessary. Add all the ingredients in the pot and cook for about ~3hrs, covered at low heat.
Please note that some types of beans may require more time, sometimes another hour or two.
- 1 lb lima Beans or giant beans (wash first)
- 10 cups Water
- 100ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- 1tbsp Tomato paste (optional)
- 3 or 4 stalks Celery – diced or in large chunks (include leaves)
- Parsley – chopped
- 2 Carrots – diced
- 3 or 4 large Garlic cloves – diced
- 1 large Red Onion – diced
- 1 can 16oz diced or crushed Tomatoes – Stir in blender for 1 second if chunky