Come join IAmGreece group in facebook IAmGreece Facebook Group
See also: Olive Oil | Yiayia’s Kitchen
The Basics of a Traditional Greek Salad – Χωριάτικη
The traditional Greek Salad (Horiatiki) ingredients are listed in the Basics column. Creativity and preferences to taste could enhance your individual experience with the optional ingredients.
|The Basics||Optional to taste|
Cucumber preferably is semi-peeled. Kalamata olives are most common. Plenty of good EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) and Greek bread for dipping 😉
Listen to Yiayia and to your Mom.
- Eat your fruits vegetables.
- Use EVOO
- Load up with nuts and whole grains
- Ditch the red meat and scrap the bacon.
- Reduce or eliminate all together the salt.
- Never use butter or margarine
Research has shown that switching to a Mediterranean diet would significantly decrease the risk of heart disease.
* Once in a while, enjoy the traditional lamb-chops, Greek style.